You are going to spend about a third of your life in bed, so it makes sense to have a good mattress, one that is not just comfortable, but is also good for you. Something that will provide you with just the right amount of support. Unfortunately, many people continue to sleep on mattresses way past their best by date. This is never a good idea. Here are some signs that you need a new mattress.
1. There is a valley or depression where you sleep.
2. You experience roll together with your partner.
3. The mattress makes a squeaking noises regularly.
4. The edges of the mattress are rolled and unsupportive.
5. You are having trouble sleeping and getting comfortable.
6. You have developed a sore back.
Taken alone, each of these is symptomatic of an old bed that needs to be retired in the near future. If you are experiencing a number of these symptoms, then you need to get rid of your old mattress pronto and get yourself a new one. You are doing yourself and your body a disservice by keeping your old mattress. It will only get worse, and you will have to buy a new one eventually, so do it now and sleep better for it.