There is no denying that sleep is critical to life, just try going without it for a night or two and you will soon realise that functioning without sleep is both difficult and dangerous. Take the following sleep health test to see if you are getting enough good sleep.
1. During a usual night’s sleep do you sleep solidly from the beginning of the night until morning, or have at most only one or two brief periods of wakefulness during the night?
2. Do you go to bed at around the same time every night and wake up at about the same time every morning?
3. Are you able to go to sleep within half an hour of turning your light out at night?
4. Do you feel awake and fresh most mornings?
5. Do you remain crisp and alert throughout the day and still have energy at the end of the day?
If you answered no to one or more of the questions, then chances are that you are not sleeping healthily and you need to examine why this is the case. Often, people’s sleep habits are poor due to stress, negative actions or irregularity. Poor sleep habits can affect your whole life, so take charge now and make a change.